If you do not wish to receive cookies from this site please disable cookies in your browser settings or leave the site. NB: Disabling cookies may cause this site to behave unexpectedly.
Church International Limited makes every effort to comply with our obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act. We understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of all the information, either personal or commercial, that you may give us whilst using our site. This Data Protection Policy governs our processing of all personal data provided to us via this website and other websites. You are asked to please read it carefully.
Information collection and use
We will collect both personal data (e.g. your name and contact details) and sensitive personal data (e.g. information in your CV) about you which will be stored processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our recruitment services to you;
- to assess data about you against vacancies for which we think may be suitable for you;
- to send your information to Clients in order to apply or assess your suitablity for jobs (Note: CVs will not be sent to third parties without an applicant’s prior consent);
- to enable you to submit your CV, apply on-line for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- to keep your personal details on our secure in-house company database;
- to market our full range of recruitment services to you;
- to send you details of reports, networking and Client events and general information about industry sectors;
- to use your information to monitor compliance with and the effectiveness of our Diversity policy on an anonymised basis;
- to use your information to share aggregated demographic information with our Clients (Note: this is not linked to any individual person)
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of what services you wish to unsubscribe from.
We may pass your information to:
- third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our Client have requested (eg references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services; verification of the details you have provided);
- third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us (eg professional advisors, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners);
- regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
Information held and notification of changes
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request and also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable Data Protection laws.
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider and whilst this website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet.
Collection of information about visitors to our website
We collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services; the information gained in this way does not identify any individuals and we only use it to understand our users better and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc for all of the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites and RSS feeds which may result in your transfer to another website. Please be aware that CIL is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website and we accept no responsibility for and have no control over third party websites, links, adverts or RSS feeds or information this is submitted or collected by third parties