Exciting opportunity for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our customer for a 6 month rolling contract assignment. The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for contributing as a part of automation testers team in a fast-paced IT environment for multiple applications.
The main focus of this role is going to be testing things and releasing minimal viable product via service/code level validation and building automation. You will ensure that all software meets the business requirements by designing and executing test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions.
Significant experience as an Automation QA Tester within an agile environment; including experience of using HP ALM Octane tool or similar test management suite
• Strong scripting background (Java, Python and Ruby, UNIX Shell) with hands on experience with test automation tools such as Selenium and HP UFT/LeanFT
• Familiarity with source code management tool such as GIT/SVN
• Extensive experience developing test frameworks with open-source automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Capybara, or Cucumber.
• Experience with build automation platforms such as Jenkins is mandatory. Works to introduce automation where needed and can promote automated tests into continuous integration work flows.
• Knowledge of Web Service/API testing using any automated testing tool. Preferably Soap UI / Postman / Jmeter
• Strong analytical (ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions), organizational and communication skills.
• Experience with load testing using HP LoadRunner/ Performance Center tools
• Works to introduce automation where needed and can promote incorporation automated test into continuous integration work flows.
• Knowledge of CI/CD, containerization with Docker, Jenkins (or alternative), and Cloud testing
• Knowledge of Jira and Confluence is a bonus