We are working with a prestigious, world-renowned financial institution in London to support the modernisation and transformation of their use of data, and are looking for an experienced hands-on Senior Data Engineer to come on board and play a big part in the future roadmap.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will be expected to act as a technical lead, guiding a delivery team through the design, implementation, and support of the solutions and services they deliver, and you will have accountability for the resolution of the technical issues on the team, ensuring that specialist support is engaged where appropriate.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of delivering Data Pipelines on Hortonworks / Cloudera installations
- Data Engineering design skills, incorporating security and service considerations
- Extensive experience in Python and Spark
- Technical leadership experience and demonstrable skills in mentoring less experienced or technical people
- An enthusiasm for learning new technologies and skills
- Apache Airflow
- Experience in banking or other financially regulated environment
- Experience of Enterprise Linux or Unix systems administration
If you meet the skills, please do not hesitate to apply today. The scope of our client will allow you to play a key part in the data future of a critical financial institution here in the UK.