Exciting opportunity for a DevOps coach who is looking to continue or raise their European assignment experience with a leading Financial institution.
The DevOps coach aims to set up and allow product development teams the maximum level of autonomy for developing, testing and deploying their applications. The DevOps coach will help the product development teams to adopt best practices for developing, testing, deploying and releasing applications.
In this role he/she must have an end–to–end SDLC view, strong technical and coaching skills.
Coach agile development teams:
· Improve deliverables of the team by training them on, and assisting them to implement, best practices regarding coding and testing, like TDD, clean code, behaviour driven development, …
· Run development katas
· Assist with implementation of API/Contract First testing
· Setup and support automated Build & Deploy facilities for the teams
Work together with the team and other coaches to improve the way of working:
· Help to identify and fix key pain points in the process.
· Facilitate the relationship with the tools teams. Help the tool(s) team to understand what the development teams need. Help the development team using the tools available to them in the correct way.
The existing platform covers:
· Continuous build / integration
· Automated deployment
· Code scanning tools (quality / security)
· Testing tools: unit testing, test automation, service virtualization, performance testing, test management
· Collaboration tools
· Release Management
· Workstation development tools
The main development platforms are:
• Strong Coaching skills
• Experience in the administration, setup and maintenance of Jenkins as continuous build and integration platform
• Experience in java development and build using Maven
• Experience with source code (SVN/Git) and artefact repositories (Nexus)
• Experience with scripting languages for automation
• Experience in code scanning tools (Sonar / Fortify) is a plus
• Experience in mobile development tools for Android and IOS platforms is a plus
• Experience with containers (docker/kubernetes) is a plus
• Experience on Windows platforms
• Experience on Linux platforms