Exciting opportunity for a Vendor Manager to join a Financial Services organisation in the city on a permanent basis. Of course, in these uncertain times the role is remote working until the client notifies us of their plans to return back to the office.
The scope of the role is to support a number of technology initiatives throughout the organisation regarding their commercial delivery. The Vendor Manager will be responsible for helping the programmes be successful through the Delivery phase following the various contract awards of critical services and support Commercial SME’s across the organisation. You will do this leading the various work streams contractual deliverable and obligations between the parties associated with the success of the programmes whilst taking overall responsibility for the vendor relationship in collaboration with senior stakeholders up to c-level.
- Experienced IT professional with a significant experience in taking care of vendors, markets in which they operate within a multisource environment.
- Deep and significant experience with Software licensing, hardware and complex services contracts.
- Extensive relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of contractual procedures from purchasing to contract management and contract closure with validated ability to deal with complex risks and issues.
- Strong experience of leading contract renewals within a complex delivery organisation.
- Ability and experience in operating across a Technology Operating Model ensuring stakeholder alignment across a variety of subject matters and compliance items.
- Ability to convey complex or technical information at the right level so that it is understood.
- Ensures Technology Architecture teams are engaging potential vendors in alignment to sourcing process.
- Good people management skills including influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proficient at managing and dealing with external account teams.
- Ability to convey complex commercial matters easily.
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills – must be able to influence behaviour and outcomes with colleagues at a variety of levels.