UI/UX SME required by well known financial services company at the heart of the UK (and global) economy to define the User Experience patterns, Standards and Policies in support of one of their major platforms. You will work closely with relevant business stakeholders, product owners and developers to transform the current user journeys into a crisp and simplified experience. You will also be working closely with their Technical Delivery Partner and the wider company to align design standards across all of the different components of the platform. The company is investing in building an experienced design and engineering team who will be responsible for building and operating the renewed service. The User Experience and User Interface design and implementation will be a key component of this service.
You will be accountable for a range of activities, including:
- Developing user personas and journeys for all of the different audiences that interact with the platform. (30% of the role)
- Conducting stakeholder interviews, facilitate expert user groups in order to collect functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs. (30% of the role)
- Assurance of Technical Delivery Partner work (30% of the role)
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Developing and maintaining design patterns, UI Style guides and best practices.
- Providing ongoing UX support across all areas of the platform Renewal programme.
- Championing UX best practice and standards within the wider company. (10% of the role)
- Presenting your ideas to a varied audience from business stakeholders to technical architects and developers.
- Be an outstanding and highly skilled and experienced design practitioner covering all aspects of digital responsive interaction design.
- Confirmed experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role. Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
- Understanding client requirements and expectations and translating these into best-in-class design solutions; and articulate robust rational to back up these decisions.
- Experience working in and handling complex multi-stakeholder environments.
- Be comfortable rapidly sketching concepts and prototypes as well as producing formal UX and visual design deliverables.
- Be able to interpret and follow design guidelines and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including written and verbal communication skills).
- Although not necessarily hands-on an understanding of HTML, Stateless Applications etc with a proven track record of building complete design schemes
- Knowledge of current and evolving browser technologies (i.e. Cross-browser and cross-platform environments, responsive design).
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies as needed.