The Test, Quality, Environments and Release Management [TQERM] Domain is responsible for providing a range of services that include: manual and automation testing; performance testing; enterprise release management; test environment management; test data management; and quality assurance. These services are provided to all of Technology delivery and have a business-wide application footprint covering all critical / significant applications.
As the Test & Quality Lead you will hold a senior technical role with accountability for the delivery of all testing and quality services of the TQERM domain for the platform Renewal Programme, which include: manual, automation and performance testing and QA.
As the job holder you will be:
· Accountable to the Technical Director from both a commercial and delivery perspective for ensuring that test and quality services are delivered in a timely manner and according to agreed criteria.
· Responsible for acting as an escalation point for test and quality risks/issues/defects within the upgrade Programme, devising strategies that are fit for purpose to resolve incidents in a timely manner with minimal impact.
· Responsible for working closely with Test Managers to define the resource strategy based on Programme workloads and forecasting required headcount against activities across all Programme test and quality workstreams.
· Responsible for working with Test Managers to ensure test, quality and subject matter knowledge from the upgrade Programme is preserved.
· Responsible for providing specialist advice to other Programme teams on testing and quality.
· Responsible for maintaining effective test and quality governance and delivery excellence on the Programme, whilst striving to deliver on the future vision.
· Responsible for building and developing strategic relationships and liaise regularly with senior Programme stakeholders to ensure testing and quality on the Programme are aligned to business and Technology objectives.
· Responsible for producing and articulately communicating a clear view of the future strategy for testing and quality on the Programme.
· Responsible for reporting on the progress and effectiveness of testing and quality for the Programme.
· Responsible for identifying process improvements on the Programme; presenting those improvement suggestions to colleagues and senior stakeholders to gain approval; and directing their implementation, including ensuring that this feeds into business-wide processes and procedures.
· Responsible for working with Commercial Management to establish robust contracts and commercial capability within the Programme.
· Responsible for delivering the best value for money in test and quality on the Programme by continually looking for improvements/efficiencies across test, test enablement and quality expenditure.
· Accountable for the upgrade programme test and quality budget; allocating, tracking and reporting spend against budget, ensuring maximum allocation of resource to and representing the Domain for Finance budget/forecasting.
· Responsible for partnering with the revenue areas to improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and / or control as it relates to testing and quality on the Programme
· Professionally qualified in ISTQB to Advanced Test Manager level or with equivalent industry experience.
· Extensive experience of Agile working, toolset and implementing agile testing on projects.
· Excellent IT, commercial, contract, partner management knowledge and experience, particularly in leading third parties and outsourced services.
· Deep technical understanding of testing, quality assurance and release management gained through experience of leading a test and quality team on a large programme.
· Confirmed skills in aligning IT with organisational drivers.
· Extensive Experience in resource and workload management.
· Experience in budget control.
· Industry awareness to identify improvement opportunities and implement them across the services and processes incorporated within the domain.
· Good working knowledge of the financial industry, ideally in payments.
· Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience.
· Validated ability to develop a detailed understanding of the business function relating to the system under change and the stakeholders’ risk appetite, in order to articulate the appropriate design for test environments and data driven from test objectives and the test strategy.