Solution Architect, Cloud and Data required by my client, a global engineering consultancy to work in a new team to develop architecture for their data platform capabilities and services in the cloud. Opportunity to work on internal and client projects across a variety of domains. Working closely with other architects and security SMEs to ensure cloud security requirements are included in the solution architecture design and driving realisation of the digital technology strategy including cloud first. Understanding and supporting the update of best practices in software development including agile methods, TTD and CI/CD.
- MUST have proven solution architecture experience, architecting and building effective, resilient, high performance and distributed solutions including infrastructure, security, performance, scalability and reliability within data-intensive environments.
- MUST have proven application architecture experience including cloud native and service, serverless architecture utilising AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience of Agile, TDD and other modern development practices.
- MUST have customer-centric approach
- Ideally fluency in a mainstream programming language that can support cloud automation tasks, preferably Python
- Experience of big data analytics frameworks such as Spark, message queuing frameworks such as Kafka and distributed database such as Cassandra.
- Knowledge and experience and ideally contribution to the open-source community.