My client is looking for a developer to join their team and will consider candidates with minimal commercial experience with a passion and drive to learn as well as more commercially experienced candidates who are looking for their next challenge
To develop software according to functional requirements ensuring quality and robustness of the codebase through testing and best practices, and to contribute to the design of components.
This role sits within the Software Development team within the IT department.
This team contributes to the overall success of the business by facilitating the implementation and maintenance of robust technical solutions in the form of business applications, scripts and web-interface functionality.
Tasks that are specific to our business and involve a significant degree of manual processing, complexity, or require technical integration with other areas of the business can be facilitated by the creation of automated solutions. Examples of this would include the Curves, Instruments and Sinai applications.
In addition to this, Enterprise Software Applications are used to maintain robustness and security for business-as-usual processes that directly or indirectly rely upon Applications.
Within the Software Development team, Software Developers work under the guidance of the Technical Team Leader, and Senior Software Developers to implement solutions in accordance with the specified conventions and priorities.
- Contribute to software component analysis and design
- Implement software solutions according to application designs
- Perform quality assurance tests
- Inform team members of technical considerations
- Communicate with users to clarify requirements
- Technical Skills (exposure to or good knowledge of)
- Java (v.8+)
- Spring Boot
- Linux (esp. BASH)
- Solid understanding of Object Orientation and good design principles
- Experience of the full software development life-cycle
- Unit Testing