The successful post-holder will act as a senior technical resource within our Client’s growing Managed Services team and play a key role in the leading support and maintenance of customer IT infrastructure, systems and services within SLA guidelines adhering to ITIL best practices.
Along-side core activities you should lead on resolution of escalated or major incidents and completion of complex maintenance activities as well as leading client onboarding, problem management and continuous improvement with a view to building a mature and robust customer solution.
This is a genuine career opportunity for talented Senior Support Engineer (s)/Technician(s) looking to expand their knowledge and experience.
You will need be knowledgeable and confident in Windows Server & Desktop, desktop and server virtualisation, Cloud and basic networking technologies.
On offer is a key position working on a broad range of the latest technology across customer environments, with a team of talented colleagues.
Your day to day responsibilities will consist of:
- Engaging with customers through a variety of channels, capturing incident and request information, maintaining tickets, and providing customer updates
- Support, configuration, maintenance, and support of infrastructure and systems
- Offer expertise within the team for the resolution of 2nd and 3rd Line technical incidents and problems, assist in escalations and work to ensure resolution within SLA working with resources across the team
- Lead in delivering value in terms of improving customer service & satisfaction and identifying opportunities for increased operational efficiency.
- Develop, produce, and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required
Developed responsibilities will consist of:
- Lead escalated support activities
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to members of the managed services team
- Identify and lead problem management and continuous improvement activities
- Contribute to client service reporting including interpretation of trends, unexpected outcomes, and future investment
- Produce and maintain IT documentation
- Carry out other activities if required to ensure customer SLAs are met
- Strong knowledge and good understanding in the delivery, maintenance and support of a number of these key areas:
- Microsoft Server technologies; MS Server, Active Directory Services, Group Policy
- Windows Remote Desktop
- Virtualisation technologies; VMware ESX Server, Hyper-V, Citrix, VMware Horizon, vSphere, HA, Citrix XenApp
- Server Hardware: HPE & Dell Servers.
- vSphere, HA, Citrix XenApp
- Cloud services such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365,Google Cloud
- Backup/Archiving technologies; Veeam Backup and Replication
- Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
- Disaster Recovery, Replication and Recovery services
- Storage technologies: SAN (HPE)
- Experience supporting SME/Enterprise level infrastructures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve prompt resolution
- Strong experience of incident and problem management including 3rd party service providers
- Capable of managing concurrent priorities
- Solid operational understanding of service management standards and tools; Ideally ITIL V3 Foundation qualified
- Industry recognised qualifications including but not limited to Microsoft Certified (MCSA, MCSE)
Below certifications would be beneficial:
- Microsoft Certified (MCSA, MCSE)
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)