Church International have been tasked to recruit an experienced Senior .NET Developer for our Tier One Blue Chip client based in York. You will be involved in designing, specifying and leading on the development of internally developed desktop, mobile and web applications. You will be responsible for helping to define the development approaches of the team, and be expected to own the application lifecycle from concept to delivery, along with post-launch support.
You will also be responsible for the planning and management of the workflow of the team, aligning to high-level strategic goals and deliveries expected. You will be involved with requirements gathering and technical discussion, from the very beginning of a project. This will involve close communication with product owners and stakeholders to meet the requirements to the agreed timescales.
You will be able to oversee all aspects of software delivery, delivering consistently and proficiently to a high-standard. This will be through a mixture of bringing in new ideas and technologies, and being able to create a high-level of collaboration across the team.
It is expected you will support and help junior members of the team in learning and picking up concepts, and supporting them in achieving joint delivery of projects and features. You will take a proactive role in the coaching and training of junior members of the team, as part of formal code reviews and informal development sessions.
The role will see you rotate around a number of areas of focus, expecting you to be flexible and adaptable, to be able to support all operational and delivery aspect of the team. You will manage both from a Tooling (DevOps) and Support aspects, including triaging incidents, managing the response, and communicating impact across the suite of 20+ services.
You will be required to act as a SME/Technical resource in supporting wider strategic objectives of Global Infrastructure and Operations, often being required to give expert insight on how the products of the team function and play within a wider picture..
- Excellent rounded knowledge of the .NET Framework.
- Visual Studio.
- Experienced with Unit Testing. (eg. NUnit).
- Excellent understanding Object Orientated programming, and related advanced concepts.
- Version Control (eg. GIT).
- Experienced with Relational Databases and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Experienced at identifying inefficiencies and opportunities to improve performance and reliability.
- Proficient working with issue tracking tools.
- Capable of managing and planning “sprints”, and delegating tasks within the team.
- Able to manage and plan workloads effectively, to deliver project goals.
- Able to think long-term to be able to solve the problem in a robust and expandable manner.
- Able to work in a way consistent with the Agile methodology.
- Be expertly familiar with the development lifecycle (eg. CI/CD, DI and UI testing).
- Experienced working with cloud hosting and provisioning tools.
- Able to integrate with 3rd party services and APIs, to deliver enhanced functionality.
- Excellent communicator, able to share and teach ideas across the team, as well as hands-on coaching and pair-programming.
- Capable of reading, critiquing and reviewing work of others, including code reviews.
- Excellent understanding of core programming ideas and principles (eg. Design Patterns, SOLID, DRY, DI).
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within development.
- Comfortable working with a shared codebase, and unfamiliar code.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Excellent understanding of design and consumption of RESTful Api’s.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks for complex problems.
- Able to continually reflect on approaches and decisions, always aiming to continuously improve.
- Experience with mobile development eg. Xamarin.
- Active Directory / LDAP.
- Experience with productivity tooling.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with TeamCity in general, and complex build chains in particular.
- Experience with Octopus Deploy.
- Experience with Sql Server Data Tools/SSIS or Automated database deployments.
- Experience with AWS and Terraform.
Please apply now for an immediate conversation about the client and the role in more detail.