Senior Engineer, Cloud & SRE required by well known UK company to join their engineering team as they set up a Cloud Centre of Excellence who will be responsible for deploying the company’s applications to the cloud.
You will be a strong advocate and help support the delivery of their core platforms including:
- Migration to new data centres – a ‘hyper-converged’ private cloud
- Migration of applications to the public cloud
- The expansion of our next generation data analytics platform
- Renewal of payments system
- Development of a user-centric supervision system
You will also champion continuous delivery in software engineering through:
- The use of Agile delivery methods
- Dev/Ops practices, including embedding such practices within other Technology delivery domains
- Broad technical expertise spanning operating systems, programming languages, databases, networking and security.
- Deep expertise of Cloud technologies in public and private Cloud environments.
- Ability to develop partner relationships with in-house development teams to drive optimum performance.
- Experience of introducing new ways of working including agile adoption, fast feedback, partnering for innovation, and driving simplification and automation.
- Fluency in one or more programming and scripting languages, e.g. Python, Java, C# .Net, Go, Ruby, Bash
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and approach
Good level of knowledge of:
- data centre networking
- Linux and Windows platforms across development and operations
- common databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- desired state configuration management tools e.g. Ansible, or Puppet
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) software, e.g. Vagrant and Terraform
- Automated build and deploy software, e.g. Jenkins, Teamcity and Ansible
- Virtualisation and container technologies, e.g. VMWare, Kubernetes and Docker
- Automated testing practices, e.g. Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Experience of leading digital transformation initiatives across a large diverse organisation