Exciting opportunity for a Scientist to join a Global Engineering and Professional Services organisation based in the city. Our client is currently going through a digital transformation programme in response to their recognition of technical changes they need to make in order to remain competitive within their market.
Therefore, our client is currently looking to build out their Data Science and Data Engineering capability.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to come onboard with a consultative approach, and someone who has drive to want to build upon their current technical ability. As our client are a Global Engineering organisation there are some very advanced modelling techniques running alongside their clients and projects, so the Data Scientist would be working with different varieties of data. The majority of their programming is conducted within Python and R.
- Deliver the data science aspects of projects, services and products
- Work with colleagues to understand client and market requirements, and define how these can be addressed using data science methods
- Design and execute data science and data mining workflows, bringing novel insights to clients
- Prototype, test, and productionise machine learning models
- Be responsible for the validity and quality of data science workflows, methods and models we develop
- Model data for storage and querying in databases and analytics platforms
- Support more junior colleagues and help develop the capabilities of the team
- Work with colleagues across the company to apply data science principles to specialist areas
- Provide cost and time forecasts for technical execution of projects, with regard to scale, complexity, etc (in close collaboration with colleagues)
- Work with colleagues in related disciplines (e.g. data engineering, cloud infrastructure, software development, UI/UX, product management) to ensure effective delivery of valuable and high-quality outputs to our clients and customers.
- A passion for developing and communicating deep and valuable insights
- A highly rigorous mindset and approach to your work
- Masters level degree in a numerate discipline
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and research methodology/experimental design
- Extensive, demonstrable experience building and testing/validating machine learning models and using data mining techniques
- Extensive experience of data modelling and database design
- Demonstrable programming experience in Python and/or R for data science and machine learning
- Experience of open source big data processing frameworks, e.g. Hadoop, Spark (Python, Scala)
- Knowledge of a range of data visualization techniques and how they should be applied
- The ability to form clear narratives that communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Experience of supervising and mentoring others
- Strong communication skills with colleagues and clients from a range of backgrounds and levels of knowledge
- Ability to quickly make sense of new topics
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.