Exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join an Insurance client based in the city on a permanent basis. The client is extremely well-established Commercial Insurer and Reinsurance organisation operating in the Lloyds of London markets.
We are looking to hire a Senior Business Analyst to work closely with the project team to identify, shape and specify business and system-based solutions. This role will work very closely with the business and senior stakeholders. We are seeking a candidate with Lloyds of London Market insurance as the projects in the pipeline will be very heavily focused around these processes/principles. Demonstratable experience of Process mapping is a must for this requirement.
- Translate business strategies and objectives into business requirements
- Ability to support the development of a Business Case with agreed benefits and costs
- Conduct and analyse feasibility studies/impact assessments, regarding technology change
- Conduct workshops to elicit and document business requirements.
- Analyse business requirements and translate into project artefacts, such as; user stories, specifications, including use case documents, system design documents and data definitions.
- Analyse and document “as is” business processes. Evaluate the current state of business process and model the “to be” business processes.
- Ensure development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Conduct/facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with user community, including, development of IAT test scenario and test scripts.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate process and technology training and supplemental materials
- Strong communication skills to communicate progress, issues and risks to the project manager and key stakeholders.
- Challenge approaches when required by assigned stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Insurance: General Insurance, including Lloyds and UK Company Markets and understanding of the project lifecycle and SDLC.
- End to End delivery experience
- Agile based delivery (within a DevOps environment highly desirable)
- JIRA or Azure DevOps for tracking purposes.
- Knowledge of Insurance Business Processes and functions and an understanding of the commercial significance of market constraints.
- Experienced with Agile Project delivery methods.
- Solid Business Analysis experience, gained within an IT environment.
- Experience of working with external third-party suppliers to achieve goals aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Data Analysis experience
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Demonstratable experience with SQL – (V-Look Up’s, Pivot Tables etc)
- Project management skills
- Good analytical skills with good business acumen.
- Able to gather business requirements and produce documentation to a high standard.
- Able to recognise potential assignments outside areas of specialisation, challenge current processes and willing to suggest new ideas and change.
- Able to communicate to all levels of the business from senior management downwards and fully experienced at dealing with client/users.
- Able to work well on assigned projects/products, providing end to end support.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle.