Senior Ops Engineer, AWS required by my client, a data centric, business transformation consultancy to join their growing Ops and Cloud team. You must have or be eligible for SC clearance (ie been resident in the UK for the last 5+ years).
Exciting opportunity to join an expanding team to be accountable for the execution of complex work packages or programme specifications and to translate these into efficient and effective unit tested code for deployment to the company’s cloud infrastructure. This may involve overseeing and the quality control of less experienced Ops colleagues. In addition, you will also take accountability for the investigation of complex support issues, which have been escalated through the Ops team, to identify the root cause and where issues are identified develop, test and implement fixes and countermeasures within the cloud infrastructure
MUST be proficient in the development of cloud infrastructure and implementation of technologies and processes such as:
- AWS (VPC, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, S3), Linux (Centos, Redhat, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux), Windows Server (2012, 2016), DHCP, DNS, Networking (Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPN, CDN, WAF), Infrastructure as code (e.g. Cloudformation or Terraform), Configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible), Docker, Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell), Github, SVN.
Ideally you will also have a proficient understanding and application of tools and methodologies, or equivalent, such as:
- Azure, CI/CD Tools (Codepipeline, CodeBuild, Jenkins, Maven), Monitoring and Logging Tools (Datadog, Nagios, ELK), Container management (ECS, Kubernetes), CI/CD Tools (Codepipeline, CodeBuild, Jenkins, Maven) Azure, CI/CD Tools (Codepipeline, CodeBuild, Jenkins, Maven), Monitoring and Logging Tools (Datadog, ELK), Container management (ECS, Kubernetes), Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell), Git, SVN.
Ideally you will have at least one of the following certifications:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
Have, or be eligible for, UK Security Clearance at SC Level or above.
My client has a strong coaching ethos where you will learn on the job supported by colleagues within Ops, Dev and Data Engineering teams. As you progress within your career, you will have the opportunity not only to advance your career in Ops Engineering but to also transition your career into other exciting technical domains such as DevOps, Data Engineering, Data Science and Analytics.