Network Engineer (inside IR35 / Umbrella £403).
Our network is fundamental for the delivery of applications and services
It is essential that you have experience of assessing risk, following change management procedures and of working in an organisation that follows ITIL processes.
To be suitable for these opportunities; you must have knowledge & experience in:
- Extreme/Dell or Cisco switching/routing
- Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewall Policy management.
- Nessus Vulnerability Scanning
- Network Security principles
- Unified Comms and Avaya Telephony
- Good communication skills with experience of working in a project environment
- Experience of working with Citrix NetScaler for load balancing, WAF and/or to manage security protocols.
You will be undertaking work for project managers but will be based within a team of other networks and server engineers. Typically, you would be working on a number of projects concurrently, from 0.5 up to 3 days a week for each project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Switch configuration
- Firewall rule changes
- DHCP, DNS and IP changes
- Vulnerability scanning and implementing remediation work
- Designing and managing delivery of network changes from our third-party supplier
- Trouble shooting connectivity issues and ensuring quality of service
- Configuring Citrix NetScaler to implement changes to load balancing, WAF, security protocols and web re-directs