This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and high-profile domain and offers a great platform to develop your skills and career. A leading bank in the city is looking for a Lead Infrastructure engineer (Data Platforms).
Are you looking for a company with a great history and excellent benefits then this could be the role for you? The role is to be the technical lead and people manager for a team who designs, implements and supports the platform and supporting technologies. The key technology to understand is an on-premises Hadoop installation and a wider knowledge of how this type of platform integrates with other infrastructure (e.g. storage, networks). This is supplemented by supporting tools, such as Tableau Server, R Shiny Server and R Studio Server.
- Experience of Enterprise Linux or Unix systems administration
- Configuration management experience using Ansible
- Experience of networking, AD /LDAP and Kerberos authentication for Linux
- Knowledge of IaC automation tools, preferably VMware VRA / VRO or Terraform
- Scripting Language experience for example with BASH or Python along with the use of source Control (for example GIT)
- Technical leadership and staff management experience with demonstrable skills in mentoring less experienced or technical people
- Infrastructure design skills, incorporating security and service considerations
- Ability to guide to an appropriate level of operational acceptance tests
- An enthusiasm for learning new technologies and skills