Church International are delighted to partner with one of the UK’s leading institution for teaching and research into the History of Art. They work to advance how we see and understand the visual arts and has been at the forefront of the study of art for nearly 100 years. They are currently engaged in an ambitious transformation project that will make art accessible to even more people, ensuring as many people are possible can benefit from the digital tools to better understand the visual world.
They are looking for someone to Lead the Operational IT Function and monitor, report on existing service to assist in developing the IT & AV Support service. Provide professional and technical leadership and operational management to the IT Support Team, implement service standards and develop common systems, processes based on Industry best practice. Ensuring ITIL is embedded in all IT processes along with maintaining efficiency within the IT Support Service and ensuring it is able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- To manage the IT Support team to ensure that incidents and requests are handled efficiently and ensure that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support. Act as escalation point for IT support issues
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services ensuring that such problems are fully documented within relevant system(s).
- Develop implementation plans for dealing with complex requests for change or for the introduction of new services, evaluating risks to integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations and review the effectiveness of change implementation.
- Manage the IT Support team to develop their skills both individually and as a team so that they can provide the best service to the institution. Includes induction, appraisal and performance management of team members and the management of sickness/absence and conduct etc.
- Matrix-manage internal and external affiliated IT Support teams as appropriate. To include development of skills & induction of staff. To contribute to appraisal as necessary.
- Analyse business processes to identify alternative solutions and recommend new approaches. Establish requirements for the implementation of changes in business processes. Identify and document streamlined and new ways of working.
- Design and create structured documentation that deals with complex information and manage the configuration of documentation items and files. To include departmental policies, guides for users and IT staff, technical documentation for 3rd party suppliers, FAQ documents and development of the IT Hub SharePoint site.
- Work closely with and where appropriate manage 3rd party suppliers to deliver services
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience in a related field
- ITIL (Version 3 or later) Foundation Level Qualification or above
- Current professional project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 foundation or equivalent)
- Recent proven experience of leading and developing an effective IT Support team in a complex environment. Including setting targets, carrying out appraisals, identifying training needs and delivering development plans
- Good technical knowledge of various hardware and software technologies including: Windows servers, desktop PCs, laptops, mobile devices printers, switches & firewalls. Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Microsoft Active Directory and M365.
- Operational experience of ITIL framework (including but not limited to Service Operations) and embedding process to existing service