- Paying up to £80k
- Fully remote role, with 20% travel to Europe
We are seeking an experienced IT Operations Manager to join our client, a leading international life sciences organisation, with specialist environmental, pharmaceutical, agroscience, and food divisions.
This newly created role will be part of their agroscience division, and the successful candidate will head up a small, growing, and remotely working team.
- Joining the business at an exciting time will be crucial in implementing new and updated processes, and structures and working with new technologies. Working with hybrid technologies within the cloud, local environments, and data centres you will be pivotal in delivering cost-effective, robust solutions.
- You will help to transform the existing infrastructure into a cloud next-generation Azure environment and build and lead a high-performing operations team.
- You will be responsible for ensuring day-to-day management of Infrastructure operations, covering lab sites across Europe. You will have a strong focus on helping the delivery of business objectives maintaining business continuity, as well as delivering exciting project work.
- Strong experience in Terraform and/or Ansible for implementing IaC.
- Experience in managing state compliance of IaC using industry best practices.
- Hands-on experience in setting up DevSecOps practices in teams.
- Experience in migrating from on-premises datacenter-centric infrastructure to PaaS/SaaS models.
- Strong expertise in AWS and Azure.
- Proficient in PowerShell for server and AD management, automation, and reading PowerShell code.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as VMWare, backup, and networking.
- Strong experience in the Microsoft stack.
This role can be offered on a fully remote basis with 20% travel associated within Europe.