Exciting opportunity for a Service Management Platform (SMP) Engineering Lead to join a major financial organisation based in central London on a permanent basis. You’ll be will be responsible for coordinating delivery of monitoring, automation, discovery and service management capabilities. Key technologies include Splunk, Control-M, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), BMC Helix (Remedy) and BMC Discovery.
With an exciting period of change where they are reshaping the monitoring landscape of the Bank to deliver new and enhanced capabilities using Splunk as the core operational and security monitoring platform.
You will need to have a good understanding in the field of monitoring & automation, with a particular focus on Splunk, driving standard ways of working and positive values through the team including adoption of Agile methodologies.
Technical & Business requirements
- Have solid experience in leading complex Splunk platforms serving multiple functions (such as Security and IT Operations) and evidence of business value delivered!
- Technical working knowledge of some these technologies: Control-M, Jira, BMC Helix (Remedy), BMC Discovery, xMatters, Squared Up
- Have exposure of working with cloud environments, infrastructure automation tools, monitoring and security.
- Experience implementing automation solutions to drive improvement and value across the organisation
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization and problems analysis.
- Have demonstrable experience leading a high performing team supporting multiple technologies and contending work!
- Have relevant experience undertaking performance reviews, creating development plans and managing staff recruitment