Location: Brussels, Belgium 50/50 on-site
Our client is one of the leading financial institutions in Europe and is known for its commitment to innovation and excellence.
They are seeking an experienced COBOL developer with at least 5 years of experience and a background in Agile methodology.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of their mission-critical systems, which support the bank’s operations. You will work in an Agile environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software in a timely manner.
You’ll help the team to deliver a product at the end of each sprint, surpassing your own specific knowledge domain to collaborate with the team members. The focus is on the completion of the sprint backlog, containing all elements that the team must deliver and of which the sequence has been determined by the Product Owner based on the added value for the (internal or external) client.
knowledge of common development languages used in the domain (COBOL)
- excellent understanding of architecture (hardware, OS, networking, databases, middleware)
- knowledge of methods, standards, and security procedures as well as development tools
- experience with integration using different technologies (distributes/mainframe) and infra components
- knowledge of agile methodology
- excellent analysis skills
- team spirit
- efficient communication skills
- ambitious towards the targets of his/her squad
- agile values: focussed, committed, open, respectful, courageous
- promote continuous improvement (market evolutions, working methods, …) to improve the delivery speed of software and hardware, and to improve operational quality