My client is an international general insurance and reinsurance group specialising in commercial insurance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to further develop their skills within a growing, specialist and talented BI team. Refreshingly previous experience of working in the financial service sector is not necessary. The organisation has around 750 employees so you will have chance to shape and influence as the BI function grows.
The BI Developer will be responsible for developing some of the core components of an effective data analytics and reporting architecture, capable of meeting a wide range of financial and underwriting reporting/analytics needs. There is also a Senior Developer role available if you have operated at this level in the past or are ready to take on additional responsibility.
You will have strong SQL skills and experience of Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL DB and Kimball data modelling plus proven ability of software development including database / reporting development, full development cycle. Additionally the following experience is required:
• Strong problem solving, information analysis, attention to detail, flexibility of approach
• The ability to deal directly with business functions and interpret their thoughts into successful reporting solutions
• The ability to develop complex BI/MI solutions using the required tools set
• Capable of working closely with the business and delivering complex requirements to tight timescales.
• Strong interest in latest BI technologies and trends in the BI/MI industry
Any experience in the following is desirable:
• Azure Data Lake Storage, Analysis Services (Multidimensional/Tabular), Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks/Spark, Python, MDX, DAX, SSIS, SSRS and Azure DevOps.
• Experience in the build of data warehouse, data lake and/or other reporting/analytics projects
• Experience of cloud architectures and solutions, especially Azure
• Experience working with financial systems
• Agile development techniques (SCRUM, Kanban etc)
Please call me for more information on 01622 675126 or email your CV and I will contact you for an initial discussion.